Sunday, March 20, 2011

Eleven Years...

Eleven years ago today, I was young and scared. Things in my life weren't working out as planned but I was ready for what was about to come. As I was lying in the bed feeling the most horrific pain of my short life, I was thinking to myself, "Can I do this alone, will I be good enough?" Eleven years ago today, my life was tremendously changed. I became a mother. As I held this precious creature in my arms, I vowed to cherish, love and protect her until the day I died.



Tatum Lynae Callaway (TLC) was born on a sunny, spring day on March 20th 2000 at 11:34 a.m. Weighing 7lbs. 3oz. and 21 inches long. She was and still is, the most beautiful creature that I have ever laid my eyes on. I learned with Tatum. I did things by the book. (wow, how that changes.) I grew up because of her. Overnight I was a responsible adult. Instead of worrying about makeup and nights out, I was worrying about night time feedings and colic. The moment I held her in my arms, I knew this was the way it was supposed to be. God gave me this blessing and I wasn't going to let Him down.



I have made a lot of mistakes over the past elven years, and I can almost bet my left toe I will make more. The poor kid is my guinea pig. (I was first born, I feel her pain.) You don't get a manual, although...I need one now more than ever as I venture into hormonal pre-teen years. Who needs Google when you have Tatum..right?

My precious Tatum is growing into such a wonderful person. She's beautiful, smart, loving, kind, goofy, talented and funny, I am so very proud of who she is becoming. These past eleven years have gone by entirely too fast and have been the very best of my life. I would not have wanted them any other way. I have eleven years of beautiful, cherished, priceless memories and I hope and pray to have many more to come.


When I look at you, I see hope; all my fears go away.
You are the air I breathe, the reason I get up each day.
Thank you for the happiness you bring.
You are my heart, my soul, my everything.
You have given meaning to my life.
Since you've been here, everything is right.
Tatum, you'll never know how much I love you, how much I care.
You can always count on me, I will always be here.
                                                  By:Elizabeth 18yrs.old 3-28-2000





                                                     

1 comment:

  1. Awww... Happy Birthday to Tatum! I love knowing the feelings that you talk about in this post! Having a child is the best thing that could ever happen to anyone! I can't imagine (as I know you can't either) what life would be without my sweet little Grayer!
    I'm so glad you're blogging too! :) Thank you for the tractor ideas!!! :)

    ReplyDelete